Thursday, May 20, 2004

Day 2 - The opposite of "Super Size Me"

Entrees consumed: 0 Shakes consumed: 9 Shakes left: 1,359 Weight today: 300# Weight to lose: 120# We went to see Super Size Me last night. It was a sobering movie. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It was funny because before he went on his diet he went on a vegetable binge and before we started our diet, we went on a restaurant binge. Watching the movie made me so hungry. All the pictures of fast food literally made me salivate. Luckily, I brought two vanilla shakes with me which I promptly drank and that killed the cravings. One thing Julia and I have been considering is getting rid of our television (we have a 42" wide-screen projection TV) and canceling our cable service. We'd buy a smaller flat-screen TV which would consume less of our living room and hopefully encourage us to get out of the house and exercise instead of being slaves to the boob tube. Also, when we have kids we really don't want them to be indoctrinated with all the consumerism they get in and around the kid shows. It hurts to part with my cherished TV but I'm slowly coming around to the idea now that this seasons shows are winding down. Yesterday I became acutely aware of how many restaurants there are in this world. You can't go a single block without seeing one. Walking to Anand and Connie's house (30 min walk equals 300 calories when you weigh 300#), we passed a bunch of close restaurants that I had never really noticed. They looked good, and I would have liked to have gone there before the diet started. But alas, I'm hoping now that I'll never go to any of them. Walking to my car this morning, I smelled some delicious food cooking. I'm guessing it was coming from the Chevy's behind our condominium. I'm sure that it's that way every morning, but I've never noticed it before. Although I only consumed 1200 calories yesterday, I felt like all I did was eat! Every hour or two I got hungry and had a shake. They are quite sweet and so when I got home I ate the chicken soup packets to get something savory. Today I've brought beef and onion bullion to work with me so that I can have something not sweet during my afternoon craving period. A note about the stats: The shakes left to go number assumes 9 months on the diet at the minimum of 5 shakes per day. The shakes consumed is the actual number of shakes I've had so don't expect the numbers to add up or anything.

5 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.supersizeme.com/
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/

Well worth seeing!

Bullion works quite well. You'll probably notice sometimes that your exremities feel cold. This might be due to your body conserving fuel, which is a bad idea, but then there is a famine going on, right? Get some exercise and warm up with a cup of tea or bullion. It can be quite satisfying.

-- Ben

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/what-if-shoot-tv.htm

-- Ben

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bullion works especially well because the heavy metal in your stomach has tremendous satiating effects - not to mention the nutritional effects of having all those extra mineral.

However, I recommend using only the polished bullion. Ben is much hardier than the average person. Rough bullion is not a problem for his digestive track.

For a saltier snack that delivers nearly the same effect, I recommend bouillon to all those who partake in HMR products - also mixing bouillon with the 500 soup.

Karey

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.nwtmint.com/nextstep/images/single%20leaf.jpg

Such a funny girl :)

-- Ben

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Crispy said...

Damn, even spell check can't catch that kind of mistake. Good catch ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home